“Is anxiety stopping you from being able to live your life?”
“Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try?”
“Are you struggling to do your daily activities?”
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. Noll Counseling offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve. Anxiety has the purpose of protecting you from people or situations that are trying to harm you, but sometimes the anxiety response becomes exaggerated. When it is exaggerated then it starts to affect your ability to live a normal life.
How can I improve my Anxiety?
- Find root cause of anxiety
- Create a toolbox of coping skills
- Process your feelings
To be able to tackle anxiety then you have to learn the skills needed to manage anxiety, but also learn why the anxiety is happening. Together we can find the root cause so we can create a more effective toolbox to manage and cope with stress and anxiety.
Research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option for treating anxiety. CBT is a highly effective treatment modality for anxiety as well as EMDR if the anxiety originated from a stressful situation. Anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms as it treats the problem giving you relief for longer.
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new and less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.